Rowley Regis Town Deal Board
Purpose of committee
The Rowley Regis Town Deal Board comprises a wide range of key stakeholders from community, business, voluntary, public-sector and faith organisations and is chaired by Adrian Eggington, Business Representative of Black Country Housing Group (BCHG).
The Board will review progress of the Towns Fund Programme and projects, assessing change requests and ensuring compliance with Heads of Terms.
Throughout project delivery, the Board will see through the town vision, take ownership of their proposed projects and provide a level of accountability.
Meetings are not open to the public and press.
To co-ordinate the three Towns Deals in Sandwell, an overarching Towns Fund Superboard (Town Deal Board) was established in July 2020 with three Town-level Local Boards established as working groups of the Superboard.
The model of the Superboard being supported by three Local Boards has been effective throughout Phase 1 – Development of Town Investment Plans (submitted to DLUHC October 2020) and Phase 2 – Development of Full Business Case (Submitted to DLUHC by March 2022), through robust due diligence and assurance processes.
On 18 May 2022, SMBC Cabinet approved the Governance Arrangements for the Towns Fund Programme Phase 3 – Delivery (109/22). As a result, the Sandwell Superboard structure has been replaced by the three Local Boards, who inherit Superboard responsibilities: -
To view historic Superboard meeting papers, please click here.
- Adrian Eggington (Chair)
- Jude Thompson (Vice-Chair)
- Councillor Kerrie Carmichael SMBC Leader
- Councillor Peter Hughes SMBC Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Growth
- Councillor Danny Millard SMBC Cabinet Member
- Councillor Lorraine Ashman SMBC Rowley Regis Town Lead Member
- Councillor Ann Shackleton SMBC Ward Member for Cradley Heath and Old Hill
- James Morris MP Halesowen and Rowley Constituency
- Sandeep Shingadia Representing Transport for West Midlands
- Geoff Layer Representing Black Country LEP
- Jo Nugent Representing Homes England
- Ann Sheridan Representing Sandwell College
- Bel Sixsmith Representing West Midlands Police
- Deborah Harrold Representing Agewell
- Harvey Katarina Representing Rowley Regis Young People
- Helen Trueman Representing Grace Mary to Lion Farm Big Local
- Leona Bird Representing SCVO
- Manjula Patel Representing Murray Hall community Trust
- Mohammed Asif Representing Cradley Heath Central Mosque
- Emma Parkes (Secretary)