West Bromwich Town Deal Board
Purpose of committee
The West Bromwich Town Deal Board comprises a wide range of key stakeholders from community, business, voluntary, public-sector and faith organisations and is chaired by Chris Hinson, Sandwell Business Ambassador.
The Board will review progress of the Towns Fund Programme and projects, assessing change requests and ensuring compliance with Heads of Terms.
Throughout project delivery, the Board will see through the town vision, take ownership of their proposed projects and provide a level of accountability.
Meetings are not open to the public and press.
To co-ordinate the three Towns Deals in Sandwell, an overarching Towns Fund Superboard (Town Deal Board) was established in July 2020 with three Town-level Local Boards established as working groups of the Superboard.
The model of the Superboard being supported by three Local Boards has been effective throughout Phase 1 – Development of Town Investment Plans (submitted to DLUHC October 2020) and Phase 2 – Development of Full Business Case (Submitted to DLUHC by March 2022), through robust due diligence and assurance processes.
On 18 May 2022, SMBC Cabinet approved the Governance Arrangements for the Towns Fund Programme Phase 3 – Delivery (109/22). As a result, the Sandwell Superboard structure has been replaced by the three Local Boards, who inherit Superboard responsibilities: -
To view historic Superboard meeting papers, please click here.
- Chris Hinson (Chair)
- Jude Thompson (Vice-Chair)
- Councillor Kerrie Carmichael SMBC Leader
- Councillor Peter Hughes SMBC Cabinet Member, Regeneration and Growth
- Councillor Suzanne Hartwell SMBC Cabinet Member
- Councillor Laura Rollins SMBC Cabinet Member
- Councillor Steve Melia SMBC West Bromwich Town Lead Member
- Rt Hon Nicola Richards MP MP West Bromwich East Constituency
- Sandeep Shingadia Representing Transport for West Midlands
- Geoff Layer Representing Black Country LEP
- Jo Nugent Representing Homes England
- Andrew Bent Representing The GAP Centre
- Danielle Hawthorne Representing Young People
- Emma Chetcuti Representing Multistory
- Glynis Tomlinson Representing West Midlands Police
- Leona Bird Representing SCVO
- Luke Tyler Representing YMCA
- Monica Shafaq
- Rob Lake Representing The Albion Foundation
- Shane Ward Representing West Bromwich African Caribbean Centre
- Simon Griffiths Representing Sandwell College
- Wendy Brookfield Representing Greets Green Community Enterprise
- Kim Bromley-Derry CBE DL SMBC Managing Director Commissioner
- Surjit Tour SMBC Monitoring Officer
- Emma Parkes (Secretary)