COVID Recovery Fund
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) That approval be given to the use of the remaining COVID-19 funding to deliver COVID recovery related projects based on our Fairer Sandwell principles, subject to ensuring £2m of funding is retained for a COVID resilience fund in the event of further COVID restrictions.
(2) That approval be given to the use of £8m of COVID funding during 2022/23 to 2024/25 to deliver the proposals set out in Appendix A.
(3) That approval be given to a £1m COVID Community Fund to which the voluntary and community sector can bid for funding to deliver their own COVID recovery projects.
(4) That subject to (3) above, delegated authority be given to the Director ofBusiness Strategy and Change in consultation with the Cabinet Memberfor Finance and Resources to implement the COVID Community Fund scheme
(5) That the Director of Finance, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance and Resources, be authorised to agree further spend proposals from the COVID Recovery earmarked reserve.
Publication date: 23/06/2022
Date of decision: 22/06/2022
Decided at meeting: 22/06/2022 - Cabinet